In this article, we will describe how to migrate data from one CityCloud region to another. In particular, we will use Karlskrona (Kna1) as SOURCE region and Frankfurt (Fra1) as TARGET region.
- Openstack-client installed and CLI access to both SOURCE and TARGET regions through the openstack.rc file - How-To
In case you want to use S3 backend, EC2 credentials with both access_ and secret_ key - How-To
- A storage container and its objects available in SOURCE region - How-To
1. Create S3 and/or Swift rclone configuration file (rclone.conf) for both regions:
An alternative way to use your Swift or S3 config without exposing your credentials in rclone.conf is by using
env_auth=true and then source your OS_* and AWS_* environment variables as needed.
2. View all objects in the container, e.g. test, in the SOURCE region.
3. Create a container, e.g. copy_from_kna1, in the TARGET region.
4. Use either S3 or Swift backend configuration to copy your files from the SOURCE to the TARGET region:
5. Check that all objects are copied to the new container in the TARGET region: